For our next interview, we have the pleasure of sitting down with Fiona Seawright, Associate Director at TSF Finance.
1. What led you into this career?
After spending 15 years in various roles from back office, operations, and sales in the invoice finance industry, I was over the moon to be presented with the opportunity to be able to bring my knowledge and skills gained supporting clients over into the broker world.
2. What does a typical day in your role look like at TSF Finance?
No two days are the same, which I love! Day to day I provide support across our Directors and brokers to ensure that we are providing our clients and lender with a reliable and efficient service.
3. What attracted you to working for TSF Finance?I was over the moon to be offered a position with a company, firstly who are experts in their field, and secondly are massively supportive and passionate about helping each other achieve their goals! There is certainly no “I” in this team!
4. How do you think you've made a difference/will make a difference at TSF Finance?Coming from an operations/relationship management background in Invoice Finance I understand the daily constrictions on our client’s working capital. Building relationships and helping client’s find the right funding solutions for their businesses when they need it the most is what I have a passion for. Bringing that to the table can only help bolster the TSF expertise and commitment to finding the right solutions for their clients.
5. What’s one thing that’s surprised you working at TSF?
I was really surprised with how slick, professional, and accurate their back-office processes are. Every member of TSF go above and beyond to research their clients’ businesses and funding needs before it ever gets in front of a funding panel. Knowledge is key and makes any application process efficient and relatively pain free for both the client and the lender.
6. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re really proud of?
Honestly my work-related accomplishment was taking the leap of faith into the broker world! 15 years in Invoice Finance was my safe space and jumping feet first into my Associate Director role at TSF has been a massive personal achievement for me.
7. Non-work-related accomplishment?
No doubt it is being a mum to two wonderful boys who are my biggest fans and motivation in life! Does every mother say this?
8. In your opinion, what makes TSF Finance stand out from its competitors?
TSF's knowledge of both their clients and lenders is second to none! We proactively seek knowledge of our lenders and our products to ensure that we are always able to provide the most up to date and correct funding solutions for our clients.
9. What upcoming trends/news/updates in your industry do you think will likely impact the industry in the next five years?
The better question is what isn’t impacting the industry right now! Rising interest rates, a looming recession and cost of living crisis to boot. The difficulties of the last 2 years are now causing real strain and I am afraid to say that I think we will see a lot of failed businesses in the coming year that just haven’t been able to get a head of the game with the financial issues they are facing. That’s where TSF come in to play to help guid and manage those issues to find the best solutions, ensuring that you can carry on the business you have worked so hard to build.
10. In the current climate, what advice can you give to business owners with regards to their funding challenges?
My advice would always be to seek out financial help and advice from the right people before it’s too late. Fore armed is fore warned, if you are feeling the pinch in your finances or expecting a period of growth initiate those conversations now to future proof your business!
Book a meeting with Fiona if you'd like to discuss your funding options.
Want to hear more from our team?