For our next interview, we have the pleasure of sitting down with Myles Smyth, Senior Funding Partner at TSF Finance.
1. What led you into this career?
I’ve always known from a young age I wanted to work in finance. Having multiple family members already in the sector, I’ve always been involved in conversations regarding finance and business. When I had the opportunity to join TSF Finance it really was a no-brainer!
2. What does a typical day in your role look like at TSF Finance?
A typical day for me involves chatting to my clients and planning for potential opportunities/hurdles. I conduct lender meetings and stay in the loop on all the latest and best products. In this industry, it is important to stay up-to-date on the current news and updates in order to make better, informed decisions.
3. What attracted you to working for TSF Finance?I’ve always admired the TSF set up and the brilliant reputation they are renowned for. To be able to help businesses grow and thrive surrounded by a superb team of ambitious individuals, for me, was the perfect career move. It is a privilege to collaborate and learn from this expert team!
4. How do you think you've made a difference/will make a difference at TSF Finance?By always turning up and delivering my best. I’m a big advocate of spreading positive energy, both internally with the team, and externally with my clients.
5. What’s one thing that’s surprised you working at TSF?
The support and team spirit, it’s second to none. The team are so knowledgeable, and it's inspiring to see how much they go above and beyond for their clients.
6. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re really proud of?
Raising cash for business owners that have previously been rejected by other lenders or banks. It brings me great satisfaction to allow them achieve their business goals and help them to continue on their journey.
7. Non-work-related accomplishment?
Winning gold at the Hull Box Cup 2022. It took a lot of work, training, and determination so I'm glad I was able to secure the win.
8. In your opinion, what makes TSF Finance stand out from its competitors?
At TSF we prioritise the service and advice for our clients, not fees. We love talking to people and hearing their stories and how TSF Finance can help them on their journey. This is where I find we win work over our competitors.
9. What upcoming trends/news/updates in your industry do you think will likely impact the industry in the next five years?
I think due to the current market conditions, lenders will start to tighten up and have a smaller appetite to lend money to businesses - we are already seeing this happen. However this is where TSF comes into play, by helping businesses access the right finance for them, when they need it most.
10. In the current climate, what advice can you give to business owners with regards to their funding challenges?
My best advice is to have a conversation with one of our team members, sooner rather than later, to devise a plan. This way you can consider the best funding options for your business, without any last minute panics and being forced into a tight cash position.
Book a meeting with Myles if you'd like to discuss your funding options.
Want to hear more from our team?