For our next interview, we have the pleasure of sitting down with Stephanie Moyes, Director at TSF Finance.
1. What led you into this career?
I had spent the last 8 years working as a lender providing working capital solutions for businesses. I was excited with my knowledge to sit on the other side of the fence, alongside business owners and help them achieve financing from lenders.
2. What does a typical day in your role look like at TSF Finance?
Talking clients through the best financing solutions for their situation, whether that be a current need or a wider strategic plan. Also trying to not break the computer, which tends to happen more often than you would think!
3. What attracted you to working for TSF Finance?Being able to use the experience I had to help business owners not only achieve the correct finance packages, but to understand and plan the future of their businesses. Being able to speak to a client a few months down the line after supporting them, only to hear they have increased their turnover due to the key bit of machinery we financed, I don’t think there is a better feeling.
4. How do you think you've made a difference/will make a difference at TSF Finance?Having been one of the people at the very start of TSF and seeing it grow to where we are now, I have worked with a number of our businesses, lenders and helped develop the processes we now use. The difference I have made is understanding where TSF needed to be and what TSF need to do to continue to best fit its market.
5. What’s one thing that’s surprised you working at TSF?
How forthcoming lenders have been with us and wanting to educate us on their credit policies. This, in my opinion, is worth its weight in gold, how else as a broker do you know where is best for your client?
6. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re really proud of?
The trust that every client puts in me to not only get them the best deal, but know the market well enough. So that I'm able to show why what I am saying is correct.
7. Non-work-related accomplishment?
Becoming a mother, to not only what feels like the TSF team but my own little boy.
8. In your opinion, what makes TSF Finance stand out from its competitors?The experience in the team and the lender relationships we have. Without a doubt we are very aware that we can’t deliver for our clients unless we are understanding our lenders. Both sides (clients and lenders) of the brokerage are equally important and at TSF we understand that.
9. What upcoming trends/news/updates in your industry do you think will likely impact the industry in the next five years?
I think after the last 2 years and current market events, lenders are going to become more selective with who they lend to. That said there is a lender out there for everyone, but a broker that knows the lenders and what they are looking for beforehand, which always makes the process easier for business owners.
10. In the current climate, what advice can you give to business owners with regards to their funding challenges?
There is funding out there for everyone, don’t assume you can’t access it and don’t assume you can. Don’t just go round the houses and hope for the best (we, including lenders, can see who has done that). Seek out experts and listen to their advice. TSF broker's goals are aligned to the client, therefore we are all working together as a team.
Want to hear more from our team?