For our next interview, we have the pleasure of sitting down with Lee Mair, Senior Funding Partner at TSF Finance.
1. What led you into this career?
2 years of being pestered by Alan!! I’m glad that I’m not too stubborn and it only took 2 years!!
2. What does a typical day in your role look like at TSF Finance?
Catching up with existing customers to see how their business is doing and to see if there is anything I can help with to help them add value. Also speaking to our lenders to see how they can benefit my clients.
3. What attracted you to working for TSF Finance?I was attracted by the opportunity of working alongside similar ambitious people (this is big for me) and saw it as a progression for me into the “real world” after retiring from football. I was also attracted by the opportunity to make a real difference in helping businesses grow.
4. How do you think you've made a difference/will make a difference at TSF Finance?I am a very positive person and thrive working in a team environment. Coming from a football background I feel it is vital in any business to work as a team and everyone wins together. I bring lots of positivity to whatever I do. I also like to introduce my clients to my network that could add value to their business.
5. What’s one thing that’s surprised you working at TSF?
I think the biggest thing that I have been surprised by is my own progress. I have learned so much in my 2 years with TSF. When I joined, I literally never knew what a Profit and Loss was! (true story!!) And I’m now helping successful business owners make multi-million-pound decisions. Madness!!!
6. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re really proud of?
When customers keep returning!! It shows that I must be doing something right and adding value. You wouldn’t go back to a restaurant if you weren’t happy with the service!!
7. Non-work-related accomplishment?
Being a great husband and the best dad possible for my 14-year-old twin daughters.
8. In your opinion, what makes TSF Finance stand out from its competitors?
The fact that we are customer-focused. EVERYTHING has to be the right decision for the customer. If it means us making less money as brokers then so be it. Customers before money EVERY TIME.
9. What upcoming trends/news/updates in your industry do you think will likely impact the industry in the next five years?
This is a difficult one to call as the last 2 years has shown that we never know what is around the corner, but I think the unsecured loan market is going to reduce in the coming years. Purely down to lenders becoming slightly more cautious - which is understandable. I’m not saying the unsecured market will vanish altogether, I just think it will tighten up. This is where we at TSF can help as we have lots of ways for companies to raise funds (There’s more than one way to skin a cat!!).
10. In the current climate, what advice can you give to business owners with regards to their funding challenges?
Before going ahead with anything, speak to me first! On a serious note, I’d recommend that they look into taking advantage of the government-backed schemes that are out there. I don’t think they are going to be available for much longer, so if any businesses have plans of borrowing money in the future I’d suggest they look at their options sooner rather than later.
Book a meeting with Lee if you'd like to discuss your funding options.
Want to hear more from our team?